Do you want to build distributed systems consisting of microservices written in Golang? Do you want to learn Kubernetes and everything else that Google Cloud Platform has to offer? Do you value knowledgeable and helpful colleagues that you can learn from? Maybe you are curious about DevOps too? If so, then welcome to Ingrid!
Currently we are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer.
Who are you?
- Are pragmatic and self-propelled
- Have built large systems
Have at least 5 years of experience in commercial programming
- Know different programming languages
- Have experience of leading a team
- Comfortable with making tough architectural decisions
- Understand when Scrum is not a good fit
- Have experience building REST APIs
- Speak English fluently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Are tired of consulting and want to work on company's own products
- Like to be part of rapid technological development
Knowledge of programming in Go (plus)
Have experience with Google Cloud Platform (plus)
About the company
Ingrid is changing the way the goods you buy online are delivered to you. We are a well-funded startup in the e-commerce and logistics space with offices in Wroclaw, Poland and Stockholm, Sweden. Our mission is to improve shipping both for consumers and merchants. Maybe a fair comparison would be - Ingrid is like a PSP (Adyen, Paypal), but for shipping.
Why should you apply?
We are not a software house - You will be building your own products, not someones else
Great work atmosphere - We laugh a lot together, we help each other out.
Cool tech stack - You get to work with latest and greatest tech (Golang, k8s, GCP, gRPC).
You build it, you run it mindset - We build our product, we take responsibility for it. Period.
Being able to influence the product - we listen to each other and take all product ideas, feature improvements and feedback seriously.
Latest gear - of course we provide you with the latest and greatest gear.
Millions of people - your work will be used by millions of people and that’s a pretty nice feeling.
Professional Growth x 10 - we love teaching and sharing knowledge with each other. Expect your skills to grow exponentially.
Culture is very important to us at Ingrid and we take it very seriously. After all, it’s people that make the company, not software.
- We have a flat organizational structure
- We take gender equality seriously
- We host internal Brown Bag lunches
- We make all decisions collectively
- We do activities outside work. Like beer and coffee tasting
We love to learn and teach (conferences, buy any tech book you like)
- We have very high employee retention rate. That tells something, right?
- Many at Ingrid are involved in running various tech meetups
We are not a fan of whiteboard interviews, as people are easily stressed by them. Nor do we do any pairing sessions or live coding and all those uncomfortable things. At Ingrid we have a much softer recruitment process.
- You send in your job application
- We get in touch asking when you can do our take home assignment.
- We send you the assignment on the agreed time and you have 48 hours to complete it.
- We review your code and get back to you with feedback.
- Next, you meet two Ingrid developers and we talk about the take home exam and other technical stuff. Many candidates think these interviews are fun!
- If you and us feel that there is a match, you have a soft non-technical interview with our CTO. This is mostly to test the English and communication skills. We talk about Ingrid in general and every day things. Expect a lot of jokes and laughter!
- If we and you still feel there is a match between us, we send you the contract to sign.
- Welcome to Ingrid!
20-25k PLN for Senior (B2B NET)
- Beautiful, totally renovated office in downtown Wroclaw with the view of the water
- Possibility to work from home
- Flexible work hours
- Remote work possible, but be prepared to visit the main office once an month
- We offer re-location packages if you would like to move to Wroclaw
You currently have the chance to join a startup just beginning to challenge big issues globally. Dare to take the opportunity to be there early in the next global tech success!